Who we are
The Visayas Primary Healthcare Services, Inc. (VPHCS) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization which aims to promote primary health care programs in the Visayas regions. The VPHCS assists people’s organizations in the marginalized sectors of society – urban poor dwellers, farmers, fisherfolks, women and children — in building and strengthening community-based health programs (CBHPs). It was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 2, 2008 with Registration number CN200825945.
Our Goals and Programs
- Community-managed health programs are established in organized communities so that their health problems are addressed and their health status is improved.
- The health sector actively participates in the people’s movement for health and development.
- The VPHCS is a resource center on public health and complementary and alternative medicine in the Visayas.
- Community-based Health Programs building
- Support to people’s organizations
- Health skills trainings
- Health service delivery
- Health sector organizing
- Networking and Linkaging
- Research and Advocacy
- Resource management
The Board of Trustees is the highest policy-making body of the VPHCS. It is composed of seven members and holds an annual regular meeting and special meetings in between as needed. They include the following, namely: Atty. Alfonso M. Cinco, IV, Jaime Z. Galvez Tan, M.D., Rev. Fr. Crispin Mostajo, CSsR., Elizabeth P. Tan, Ma. Elena V. Luna, Eleonor A. Jara, MD., Judy A. Cinco, and Caridad S. Tharan.
All VPHCS programs and services are under the direct supervision and management of a management committee, which is composed of an executive director, administrative officer/finance officer, coordinators of two desks, namely: Community-based Health Services Desk (CBHSD) and Advocacy, Public Information, Research and Documentation Desk (APIRD), and a representative of the Board of Trustees. We have a total of 10 staff members and 25 volunteers.