More than 600 boys were served in the series of operation circumcision (tuli) organized and participated in by the Visayas Primary Healthcare Services, Inc. in April and May.VPHCS staff, volunteers and students of the Gullas College of Medicine rendered the annual summer services in eight communities. They were held in cooperation with the local people’s organizations, local government units (LGU) or other non-government organizations.
They included the following, namely:
1. Baclayon, Bohol on April 10 with the LGU of Baclayon and Students Alliance for Community Health Services.
2. Medellin, Cebu – April 25-26 with the Perez Monasque Foundation.
3. Caluasan, Dagohoy, Bohol – April 30 with the local farmers’ organization.
4. Sitio St. Mary Grace, Talamban, Cebu City – May 4 with the St. Mary Grace Neighborhood Association.
5. Tangke, Talisay – May 6 with the Tangke United Fisherfolks Association.
6. Tipolo, Mandaue City – May 9 with the barangay council of Tipolo.
7. Inayawan, Cebu City – May 18 with the Gabriela – Inayawan chapter and Enfants du Mekong Foundation.
8. Bangkal, Lapu-lapu City – May 22 with the Justice and Peace Integrity of Creation – Integrated Development Center.
9. Kinatarcan island, Sta. Fe, Cebu – May 25-26 with the Sto. Nino Basilica Foundation.